Pio 868 owners???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ailean, Dec 18, 2003.

1. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just discovered a rather worring thing on 'the other' forum were someone with an 868 and a BenQ PE8700 PJ was unable to get any picture when connecting them with a HDMI->DVI cable!

Have any of the 868 owners here managed to drive a PJ or Plasma with HDMI->DVI yet?

I realise the answer to this is probably no because no ones managed to get a HDMI converter or cable. :rolleyes:

I'm still awaiting my 868 and nearly ordered the BenQ PJ last week but it was out of stock.

2. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PJ has to be HDCP enabled otherwise it won't show anything...

3. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Hi, I'm that someone! ;)

The BenQ PE8700 is HDCP. See here . It works flawlessly with the DVI/HDCP output of the Denon A11.

4. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, thanks Grubert the compatibilty table you pointed to was very handy. I am also tempted to cancel my 868 order and go for the Denon A11 as I really do like the BenQ. It's just the huge price jump and issues with the A11 firewire and Pio Amp that I also had in mind that bother me. :(

Don't you just love 'standards'! ;)

5. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    the A11 sound fantastic via coax and there could possibly be a chance to correct the firewire problem. but the pros of the A11 far outway the negative. its in a different class to the 868, so while expensive is a wise choice.

be interested for further info on the 868 via benq problem?

6. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Grubert have you compared the dvi out of the A11 with the component output. if so what are your opinions as to pic qualty advantage via dvi over component?