Pio 868 HDMI or Denon A1 component to HS50?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jules, May 7, 2005.

1. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    My Denon DVD-A1 is connected to my Sony HS50 via component (the A1 doesn't have an HDMI output), but it's component output is considered to be one of the best possible.

However, I feel I might be missing out on this HDMI lark, and I'm conisdering getting a Pioneer 868 to utilise the HDMI socket.

The question is, would the HDMI output from the Pioneer 868 outperform the high quality component output of the Denon DVD-A1?

I can't afford to pay £2500 for a DVD player again (silly days are over now), so if I must have HDMI, then the Pioneer is about the limit.

Also does anyone have any idea what the HDMI output from Pioneers new DVD recorder (920 I think) is like?

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    I've brought this post back to the top, as I'm still interested in an answer if anyone should have one.

I'm getting a bit fed up with the quirks of the A1, and the Pioneer can now be had for around £600.

So, would I be a fool to swap teh A1 for an 868?

3. shane515

shane515

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Jules
    Without wanting to 'quote the obvious' I think your best answer would be a side by side comparison at an AV dealer etc...my 868 is set up using the HDMI and I cannot complain, the PQ is great and as you say for £600 it is a good deal..mine was a little more :rolleyes: !!!

Shane