Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pio 868 HDMI or Denon A1 component to HS50?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jules, May 7, 2005.

1. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,039
    My Denon DVD-A1 is connected to my Sony HS50 via component (the A1 doesn't have an HDMI output), but it's component output is considered to be one of the best possible.

However, I feel I might be missing out on this HDMI lark, and I'm conisdering getting a Pioneer 868 to utilise the HDMI socket.

The question is, would the HDMI output from the Pioneer 868 outperform the high quality component output of the Denon DVD-A1?

I can't afford to pay £2500 for a DVD player again (silly days are over now), so if I must have HDMI, then the Pioneer is about the limit.

Also does anyone have any idea what the HDMI output from Pioneers new DVD recorder (920 I think) is like?

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,039
    I've brought this post back to the top, as I'm still interested in an answer if anyone should have one.

I'm getting a bit fed up with the quirks of the A1, and the Pioneer can now be had for around £600.

So, would I be a fool to swap teh A1 for an 868?

3. shane515

shane515

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Jules
    Without wanting to 'quote the obvious' I think your best answer would be a side by side comparison at an AV dealer etc...my 868 is set up using the HDMI and I cannot complain, the PQ is great and as you say for £600 it is a good deal..mine was a little more :rolleyes: !!!

Shane