1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 814 Help - Switching Inputs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by marker, Jun 28, 2005.

1. marker

marker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey All

Some advice needed please...

I have a Pio 814, the dvd input has both coaxial and optical in, is it possible to utilise these two inputs from two different sources so that when one switches off the other kicks in...

Or is there any other way of doing it?

Thx

2. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The 814 has 2 coaxial and 2 optical. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, that is exactly what they are there for, so you can hook up a dvd, laserdisc, cd or satelite or whatever.

Then you switch between the sources with signal select button. This can be set to auto, so I guess this would do what you're asking.

3. marker

marker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to add that I have Sky + on the optical in on the Sat input, so that is a no-no.....

So basically what you are saying is, if I turn one of the inputs off the other will automatically kick in?

Another quickie, will the component ins' and component monitor out pass through 1080i and 720p signals, i presume thay are just a 2 in and then combiner solution with no other modulation applied to them...

4. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The digital inputs should auto-detect the signal, but if its receiving 2 signals you will have to select, and I guess that it will kick in to the other when one signal stops. Otherwise the signal select button will have to be pressed. To be honest I've not tried.

The component signals pass through with no processing so whatever the source sends will get to the display.