1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 668 vs 868

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sapkan, Nov 8, 2004.

1. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Are there any differences in video performance? I want to link it via hdmi to Pio 435hde.

2. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    There is a noticable difference in picture quality. I've done back to back comparison on a Pioneer 434 when the 868 first came out and would say there is sufficient difference in video and audio performance to warrant the difference in price. Have not seen the 435 running yet, but would imagine that if it's more revealing than the 434 you would notice even more of a difference.
    Ultimately though you should try and watch them both yourself.

Tony

3. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    did you test them using a HDMI connection? Do you have an impression how the 434 performs when fed RGB sattelite signal via Scart? read a 435 review in What Video and Widescreen that criticised this plasma's performance with poorer sources, kind of worried cause I nearly ordered the set

4. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Tested using HDMI, same setup for both, just swapped the DVD decks out and back a couple of times. Tried with a few of the usual demo discs, results were pretty conclusive throughout.

A friend of mine has a 434 which he uses with Sky+, he feeds this through an RGB scart (quite a good one at that). The picture is quite good, certainly better than the PW6 and the older Pioneer sets. It doesn't compare to a good CRT, but it's the best of the bunch I've seen (Fujitsu, Hitachi, Panasonic...).

I've not seen the 435 running, so I'd need to suggest you try and get a viewing, but my impressions of the 434 were good (just not outstanding).

5. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    10x a lot