1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 575 pal & ntsc prog?!?! Doesn't seem to be!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SilverPenguin7, Feb 9, 2005.

1. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    My friend purchased a 575 from Richersounds last week and I hooked it all up for him to his PW7 ans set it to progressive etc, yet with R2 dvd's there seems to be no evidence of progressive scan working. We tested it with Shaun of the Dead and there were jaggies all over the place, however with R1 dvd's there were none.

On my HK 2550s DVD player progressive works a treat on R2 Shaun and removes all trace of the jaggies, it was me showing my friend how progressive scan works that made him go for a player that does the same. I suggested the 575 as I read on here that it did pal&ntcs prog, but it would seem it actually doesn't?!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, does the player support prog on both regions or does it not. or does it do it for pal but just not as effectively as my player?

Finally can anyone suggest a sub £150 player that does definately do pal prog?!

Thanks for your advice :)

2. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Search for the thread started by Raze on the monster head to head between the Pioneer 575 /Tosh 340 and this issue on PScan was debated at length.

3. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Phew, just read that whole thead and found what I was looking for on the last couple of pages. Looks like my friend wull be sending the Pio back!