1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Pio 50MXE1 or Fujitsu 50XHA10?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by machu, Sep 8, 2004.

1. machu

machu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can get any of the above models for the same price.
    I always liked the idea of having a 1366px instead of 1280px (square pixels for PC output), but up to now these panels (Panny 6) where out of reach for my pocket. I want to get a Crystalio and connect it to the Plasma through DVI. I heard that Fujitsu panels used Panny glass and therefore inherited some DVI problems, but Fujitsu told me that this model uses their own glass (as oposed to 42 models).
    I would really love to here some opinions on this Fujitsu model...anyone?
    Also, does anyone know how old is this model?

2. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This model uses panny 5 glass. The xa30 uses panny 6 glass. The quality is much the same as the panny, with improved deinterlacing and scaling via the avm chipset.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Hi there, the XHA10 is quite wrinkly now, I hope you have a good price on it! Panasonic 50" are now in the mid 4k's, and the XHA30 fuji might be had for less than that. All Fujitsu 50" have panasonic glass, fuji electronics and 2 yr waranty. Nothing wrong with the Pioneer either, except for the niggle about resolution/pixel shape. TBH you are not likely to notice unless you watch a lot of circular objects, but it winds me up I have to say. Fuji is a bit more limited for inputs than the others, maybe that's a reason to look at the XHA10 instead of the 30, they took DVI off the 30 to avoid EC taxes, that's why they suddenly look cheap.