Pio 506XDE system pics

grand

Standard Member
Receiving my eagerly awaited 506XDE so I hope you enjoy these pics!

Had the unit ISF calibrated by Piers last week. He couldn't do the media box channel as there's no input to run test data through so used data logged by ******** on 26/10 for DTV (cheers, mate; very good results!).

Overall, very, very happy with the results through DTV and DVD. Can't wait to sample HD and link PC to it.

System
Pio 506XDE, Arcam DV79, Denon AVR3805, Naim CD, pre/power amps with power supply, Panasonic VCR, Totem Hawk front speakers, Totem Mite centre speaker, Anthony Gallo nucleus rear speakers, Monitor Audio FB212 subwoofer, Isotek mains conditioner, Stands Unique equipment rack and wall bkt, Chord and Townshend cabling

Attachments

A

alpina

Very nice Grand,

notice your not using the pioneer speakers. did the idea cross your mind at all for everyday use?

Regards,

Julie

grand

Standard Member
alpina said:
Very nice Grand,

notice your not using the pioneer speakers. did the idea cross your mind at all for everyday use?

Regards,

Julie
Hi Julie,
Did look at getting the speaker(s) for the plasma but thought it would adversely affect the look and lines of the screen.
In the end, I have the media box linked to the AV amp via optical cable and mainly use the Dolby pl2 cinema setting on the Denon for normal TV programmes but can use the stereo setting for music programmes.
Quality is far superior to the Pio speakers.

Kieron

Like the screen, could do with a nice cabinet for your av gear though - looks rather cluttered to me...

A

alpina

grand said:
Hi Julie,
Did look at getting the speaker(s) for the plasma but thought it would adversely affect the look and lines of the screen.
In the end, I have the media box linked to the AV amp via optical cable and mainly use the Dolby pl2 cinema setting on the Denon for normal TV programmes but can use the stereo setting for music programmes.
Quality is far superior to the Pio speakers.
Thanks Grand,

in Australia they come with the speakers standard though i doubt i will be using them also.

Julie

Trending threads

Top Bottom