1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 504 HDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by s2kmike, Mar 13, 2004.

1. s2kmike

s2kmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received my Pio 504, and connected up to a 668 using HDMI, playing the Matrix, and was completeley blown away with the PQ

The detail was stunning, even the dark scenes were highly detailed but even more suprising was that in very bright areas i was expecting some sort of white shimmering .which i have seen on most other Plasmas ,Not a sign

The colours were completely natural, and never over emphasised

Still awaiting Sky, however using my cheapo Freeview box the PQ is also amazing

I have left mine on factory settings, as i am not sure i could improve on them

It would be interesting to hear anybody elses comments on the 504

2. emad

emad
    Banned for trading fraud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received mine too,

after I switched it on and picked up my jaw from the floor, I did some tweaks

1-turned brightness down to +3
    2-Contrast at +35
    3-Colours at -7
    4-Tint at 0
    5-Sharpness at +1

These are User settings for Sky+ viewing

Beautiful piece of kit the 504, enjoy it.

Emad

3. s2kmike

s2kmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Emad

I have just moved in to a flat, and cant have Sky+, because it requires, a 2nd dish, so i will have to stick with Sky

Are your settings also for Sky, and Terrestial or would i have to tweak for BBC1-4.

What is the rest of your system, also have you wall mounted or do you have a stand

I have decided to put mine on the Oppli IKEA stand as it seems a lot of others have

Looks pretty good, and for wife friendliness, i am using Mission FS6.1, sound pretty good on most av, and pretty reasonable on stereo CDS, with a Pio 668 HDMI, and Pio 501 receiver
    Cheers

Mike

4. The Huss

The Huss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Mike be very careful:suicide:

The maximum load for the Opplii stand is 40kg.

Your screen alone weighs in at 38kg!!!

Include a few other components like table top stand (I presume) and media box itself which memory serves is nearly 4kg and you are close to or have exceeded the limit.

Assuming you have nothing else on the stand (unlikely) you have a potential disaster waiting to happen.

Just a friendly heads up

;)

5. s2kmike

s2kmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Huss,

Thanks, although i checked with IKEA, and on Website, large Oppli rated at max load 70kgs.

Not sure where your 38kgs came from.

Thanks

Mike

6. dealmaker

dealmaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys,

How about some shots of the 504 on the Oppli's?

I'm looking t buy a 504 and trying to decide whether to go Oppli or glass AV stand.

Thanks

7. s2kmike

s2kmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My final choice was between an IKEA Oppli (large) £55 be careful as they have a small version as well, or the Alphason 105S AV Glass stand £350

Pricewise obviously the IKEA wins hands down, aesthetically its very personal, and depends on your overall decor,if you like light coloured wood (Birch) the Oppli looks far more expensive than most cheap AV stands

Another consideration is if you get the glass AV stand you can see all the interconnects and wires thru the glass, even if they have built in cable management. My wife insisted we hid every cable possible, so from the front it looks cable free.

The Oppli completely hides all the cables, behind the unit, i am well pleased with it, and i will be surprised if you would be dissapointed, and the best thing is that the 504 fits perfecly with room to spare if you dont use the side speakers

Cheers

Mike

8. dealmaker

dealmaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mike,

agree - my only problem is that the 504 is going to go in a corner location AND I will be fitting the side mount speakers! - so it's going to be WIDE and therefore potentially project quite far into the room - admittedly this is more of a by-product of the width of the screen than the stand - BUT if I get the right stand then at least I can push the unit as far back as it will go.

I als quite like the Pioneer "floating" AV stand but it's a bit steep at £600.

9. BKATZ

BKATZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You could also do as I did. Bolt together four of the Ikea "kaxas"units(pic on "get your plasmas")

B.

10. dealmaker

dealmaker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    BKATZ,

I'll look at that now.

By the way - I should be getting the lowdown on my 504 this afternooon - so I'll be getting back to you then on the other stuff!

Thanks

11. emad

emad
    Banned for trading fraud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike

My settings are for Sky+, but I believe it makes no difference if it is Sky or Sky+ as far as picture is concerned. The difference I believe is in the digital sound and the sky+ recording features.

I've put my 504 on the wall and all my gear on a glass Stands Unique AV10 High rack.

I don't like to Oppli's looks - but this is just my opinion - and the stands Unique looks the business.

Good luck

Emad

12. patmyhead

patmyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have the 504 on the pioneer glass stand with the speakers under the screen all the cables are hidden
    On the stand the 594 looks the bees knees real classy
    P@T