1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 50'' or Panny 50"

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Yid219, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Yid219

Yid219
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys i really need your help.

i have got 5 grand to spend on one of the above. I was getting the pio but after going through the forums I am now uncertain due to the black thing of what has better blacks. All i am looking for is the best PQ and i am hooking it upto Pio 990 home cinema, Sony 715 dvd player and sky box.
    I need to buy within next 2 days so please help as I am in desperate need of help and wife is threatening to kill me shortly if not sorted.

Thanks in advance

2. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Last year I bought Fujitsu 50" 5003 model. It cost me £4,700 (inv VAT). Very pleased with it and I highly recommend it.

Just in case you want to consider a wider choices.

3. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    My vote would be for the Panny or the Fujitsu :smashin:

But do try to view before you buy as you'll find happy Pio and Panny owners here - along with the odd Fujitsu - so we can't all be right/wrong.

Cheers, Lee

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Which Pio are you looking at? The best Pio is the MXE1. It doesn't have the speakers and tuner box like the HDE version, but it doesn't sound like you need those, and it's cheaper, and more configurable for a better picture.

I'm also trying to choose between the 50MXE1-S (silver) and the 50" PHD6. Unfortunately, even having seen both, I don't know what to do, as neither were configured properly - as a side note there, make sure its set-up well (I'll be spending about £250 ish to get it properly calibrated).

Do you intend to watch all day (in daylight), or are you more interested in watching movies with the lights off? The strengths of the Panny (better blacks) are more noticable when the lights are off.

The MXE1 is new, and not many have had the chance to try everything with it, but it has a lot of configuration options, and is supposed to deal with 50Hz signals better than the Panny.

If you can't demo the 50" versions, try and track down the 42"ers. You really need to see what you're getting for £5K, although it looks like I'm going to have to make a decision without seeing a properly configured model.

5. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's so good with Fujitsu over Pioneer MXE1?

6. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AVM processor. On the US avsforum, whenever there is a "what’s the best plasma" everyone agrees that the Fujitsu is the best 42 and 50-inch plasma. In this country, fujitsu plasmas are overlooked (they have the dvi board missing in the UK which doesn’t help).