PIO 436 XDE Settings for XBOX 360 during run in period

Dazza Cole

Taking delivery of the 436 this friday, have searched through the thousands (so it seems) posts on settings, but most for the xbox seem to be for those whose sets were already run in.

Obviously i'm going to be turning the contrast down, and dynamic contrast off. :D But will just running the 360 in "game" mode be enough to protect against 5 hour play marathons?

Damon

Novice Member
Dazza Cole said:
Taking delivery of the 436 this friday, have searched through the thousands (so it seems) posts on settings, but most for the xbox seem to be for those whose sets were already run in.

Obviously i'm going to be turning the contrast down, and dynamic contrast off. :D But will just running the 360 in "game" mode be enough to protect against 5 hour play marathons?

Since when is 5 Hours a marathon :D that's a quick jog: kids today, no stamina

Damon

J

jackal

Hi,

If you look at the manual for your new purchase, it recommends no more than two hours at a time for gaming - so marathons out at first i think. Make sure that contrast set low (30 or less), dynamic contrast set to off. These screens do have image retention issues, so I'd recommend pausing your game every hour or so and switching to TV for ten minutes or so. Look in the Plasma forum as there is a lot of info regarding the 436/506 xde and running in.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom