Pio 436 scart interferance on freeview

birdseed

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just go my 436 xde up and running. Freeview is a far better picture than i imagined it would be, as is sky, but when i connect my scart to input 1 from the sky box, the freeview picture breaks up.
To be fair, its the cheapest nastiest scart cable that came with the sky box, and its being replaced tomorrow. But have others experienced similar problems with cheap leads going to the media box, and are better scarts shielded to prevent this?

Any chance you could take a pic of the Tv with Sky on?
I am set on the the 436xde but am a little worried on the Sky quality
especially after reading some posts on this forum.
I would go and see a demo of this TV if I could but it would cost me about a 200 quid ferry fare.
doh.

HI spanna,
Unfortuneatly as has been said elsewhere, a picture wouldnt do it justice. It would leave no real clue as to the quality. I believe there was a recent thread where somone had put a picture of the sky EPG up.
Best of luck.

Spanna,

Before I got my 436 I was worried about Sky, but I have to say the picture is very very good, some of the high bandwidth channels such as Channel 5 are excellent, even the low quality channels come out very good. The Pioneer does an excellent job of displaying Sky.
As has been mentioned before, make sure your Sky box is connected via a good quality SCART cable to Input 1, and set Input 1 to RGB on the Pioneer. Set your sky box to 16:9 and RGB.

Cheers StefanoC, Ive just bought a qed scart p4110 jobbie in preparation so hopefully that should be ok.
My other question is: I will only be sitting 7-8ft from the screen is that far enough away so that sky still looks alright on this plasma?
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom