Quantcast

Pio 436/506 - Image burn

RangerJoe

Standard Member
Hi

I've read that someone was told by a retailer, that the Pio was only subject to image burn within the first 500 hours.

Can anybody confirm if there is a grain of truth to that claim ??

I know that the a lite burn will go away after a few hours, but I don't wanna pay a lot .... of dough for a telly that will fill me with annoyance each time I view a picture with a static image element (e.g. a logo)


/RangerJoe
 

Blue Triangles

Active Member
I bought Five years insurance in Comet with my 506XDE. That covers screen burn and dead pixels. :)

Not sure about the 500 hours thing though.
 

blossom

Novice Member
Panzer,

How much did they sting you for the insurance? The guy in Comet told me that there was 2 years warranty on them so did you pay for an extra 3 years?

Cheers

Paul
 

Blue Triangles

Active Member
I payed £599 for Five years insurance. That overrides Pioneer's One year warranty.
 

scrowe

Well-known Member
Panzer22 said:
I bought Five years insurance in Comet with my 506XDE. That covers screen burn and dead pixels. :)

Not sure about the 500 hours thing though.
Blimey, It's certainly be worth <ahem> accidentally leaving your X-Box on pause all night in a couple of years time, if they'll give you a new screen -no quibble.
 

Blue Triangles

Active Member
scrowe said:
Blimey, It's certainly be worth <ahem> accidentally leaving your X-Box on pause all night in a couple of years time, if they'll give you a new screen -no quibble.
:D
 
H

HarryW

Guest
In fact if you read the small print it will not cover screen burn or dead pixels (except if it meets Pioneers requirements on dead pixels, Pg 8 of your manual)
 

MAW

Banned
Back to the original Q, there may be a grain of truth in it. Plasma is certainly more susceptible when new. It does not get magically 'immune' at 500 hours though. They are much less inclined to permanent damage than most non-plasma owners would like you to fear. I think about 3/4 of the scare stories are completely made up, by people who can't afford one and don't like to see them on their friend's walls.
 
M

Majid Khan

Guest
Strange, I've been told the same thing by Comet... their extended warranty (Total Product Cover) for 3yrs or 5yrs does now cover screen burn...

I did ask for a leaflet at the store which they provided, but it didnt specify screen burn on there to be honest..

Anyhow, will ask for them to give me it in writing that it does include screen burn (as in any screen burn, be it a small logo such as Nickeloden .. or be it a full screen DVD menu)... not willing to take any chances..
 

tscotsman

Active Member
JL also told me that they cover screenburn and dead pixels on their 5 year free warranty.
 

Nick_UK

Banned
What they tell you, and what happens when it goes pear-shaped are often two different things. You should have them make it clear what is covered by extended warranties before you pay for the policy. What someone tells you in an in-store conversation won't stand up in a small-claims court, because it's your word against theirs.
 
O

orange66

Guest
MAW said:
Back to the original Q, there may be a grain of truth in it. Plasma is certainly more susceptible when new. It does not get magically 'immune' at 500 hours though. They are much less inclined to permanent damage than most non-plasma owners would like you to fear. I think about 3/4 of the scare stories are completely made up, by people who can't afford one and don't like to see them on their friend's walls.
Well, I can assure you my scare story is very real, just to balance this argument. My biggest fear is the opposite; people who clearly do not own one of these sets stating nonsense like the new screens are burn proof, when the manufacturers and owners are in agreement they are not.
 

Similar threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom