• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pio 435xde & Sky HD Advice

ikon66

Established Member
Have had my xde for over a year now and i love it. I am considering HD and was looking for anyones comments regarding how much better the picture is!!

I have read about the hdmi cooking the pio, is that correct? and would it be advisable to connect using component then?

I have tried this in the Sky HD forum but no takers :(

brendan_dj

Established Member
ikon66 said:
Have had my xde for over a year now and i love it. I am considering HD and was looking for anyones comments regarding how much better the picture is!!

I have read about the hdmi cooking the pio, is that correct? and would it be advisable to connect using component then?

I have tried this in the Sky HD forum but no takers :(
I have a Pioneer 435 XDE and a Sky HD.
I must say that the picture is absolutely stunning. Especially the World Cup games and other demonstrations on BBCHD. I cant wait for the football season to kick off on Sky Sports HD.

I moved my connection over from HDMI to component as a precaution, and quite honestly, I would not be able to tell the difference.
Maybe I could if my nose was against the screen, but who watches TV like that?

ikon66

Established Member
thanks brendan, how have you got your sound? i am using optical from sky+ to my sony surround sys for 5.1. Can I just use phono to the media box?

Also when installed do the fitters give you the choice of connection or do you need to supply your own leads?

brendan_dj

Established Member
ikon66 said:
thanks brendan, how have you got your sound? i am using optical from sky+ to my sony surround sys for 5.1. Can I just use phono to the media box?

Also when installed do the fitters give you the choice of connection or do you need to supply your own leads?

I have an optical cable from my Sky HD box to my Denon amp for 5.1 surround sound.

If you have speakers directly on your Pioneer, then a SCART lead is required between the Sky HD box and INPUT2 of the Pioneer media-box. Stereo sound will go through the SCART lead.

My understanding, reading some of the threads in the Sky HD forum, is that Sky installers are instructed to connect using component which they will supply.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom