1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pio 435xde and xbox hd av pack problems, pls help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dino2021, Mar 12, 2005.

1. dino2021

dino2021

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    Thought i would make a new topic as the title on the other wasnt acurate.

I cant seem to get my pioneer 435xde working with the advanced hd av pack for the xbox, it outputs fine in pal, but as soon as i switch my box to ntsc on any res it just sends the screen all weird, blue line streaking all over it and have to go back to pal to get anything to work, i have tried all combinations of settings with res and the 2 ntsc modes but nothing seems to work with ntsc or progressive signals.

excuter 3 is fitted just wondering if any one else has this chip and this type of problem, i am clutching at straws here, any advice greatly received.

2. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a 434 and Xbox with an Xecuter 2.6.
    Sorry to say I have no problems with this though component. Games look fantastic and high def stuff through XBMC is stunning.

3. dino2021

dino2021

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    looks like they have made a new lead or its a copy or god knows what but this is the lead i was sent, looks like offical microsoft item as the packing was top notch and has an info leaflet in it wonder if this is the problem

Attached Files:

4. cboy

cboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  5. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I bought mine from Game for £9.99 and have not had any problems. Looking to upgrade though for digital audio out too.

The image you describe sounds like some of my pictures I get when I switch through my Yamakawa's DVD video modes on HDMI. It's almost like the panel isn't switching between PAL and NTSC?

6. dino2021

dino2021

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    after searching the net for hours , i found out that the one I have is the new offical microsoft one, microsoft still show the old one on there site but on the american forums there are lots of threads talking about it.

will go and get another from game tommorow and see if the cheapy one works.

damn thing

I also tried pulling out the leads while it was displaying blue flashing lines and the red one doesnt seem to make any difference where as if i pull the blue there is less of the blue lines but still nothing like what should be on the screen, very odd

Attached Files:

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    cable is shagged mate thats an incorrect sync!!!!!!

8. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Dino221,

I just checked my Official MS Hi-Def cable, that I got from dvdboxoffice in Canada, and it has a big hump at the XBOX connector end. This allows you to connect a Toslink for DD5.1, etc.

From your pictures it looks as though yours doesn't have this and is therefore counterfeit and ultimately goosed. Where did you get it from?

When you stitch your XBOX to NTSC and reboot does it start off straight away with that blue streaky nonsense, or do you get the XBOX Logo?

What you should be doing next is going to the MS dashboard and enabling 480p, 720p and 1080i.

9. cboy

cboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    u could try updating your enigmah videomode switch disc, maybe thats corrupt wat bios u using on ure xbox chip?

10. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    This is the only one picture on the US Xbox site , I would have thought that if it was official , it would be on there .(also had a quick flick round the far east xbox sites , no sign of it there either) They wouldn't need to introduce a new one with just analogue audio out .As you can see, it already has them , as well as optical .

Good luck in you quest :D its woth it

John

11. dino2021

dino2021

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    hi,
    yes it does have the big bump at the xbox end for fibre,

If I boot it with 480p selected then yes it goes all hay wire with the blue screen as soon as it get to the dash board where it trys to change to a progressive signal, from what i have read 480p works with the dash board where as the others dont.

I can run it in ntsc as along as i dont select 480p then go in to media centre change the setting to 720p and the blue screen appears.

I did read a post from a while ago where where some one said it could be mistaking it for a vga signal.

All plasma pic enhancements are off and I have tried every single combination of screen res 480p ,720p and 1080i selected then just 2 of them and 1 of them through every combination same blue screen when it goes progressive.

it is a new official lead i have cost 25 from a uk retailer

discussed here
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=292319

as suggested in a pm if i take all the leads out bar the green one the pic goes to black and white but with the same images less the colour.

And as for the bios i have noooo idea , any way to check ? its an x3 chip

12. dino2021

dino2021

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    all sorted, thanks to cboy for mentioning bios, i thought i would try the latest one and hey presto working sweet :)

LCD reports 720p and does the plasma :)))))))

thanks for every ones help

off to play with my xbox :)