1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 434 settings

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Maximise, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Maximise

Maximise

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can anybody reccomend settings for the pio 434 i watch telly through sky+ and dvd through a pio 868 with an hdmi cable.

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Just do a search in this forum... you will find quite a bit ..

3. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Costas,

Just had a close look at the black frame of Pio 434 and i noticed there are alot of little scratches on the frame.

Also I had it wall mounted and where the pioneer logo is right in the middle that part is not completely level with the screen, it is sticking out a bit.

One thing though, the frame is really like a magnet to the dust, i clean it everyday, so much dust on it.

How about you, have you got any scratches on your frame? Should i be concerned? and about that sticking out of the frame, is it not installed properly?

Cheers

4. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Arshad,

As I have said elsewhere I am among the very few who prefer the new 434 performance witt the 433 looks...

Yes you need to dust more often... however it is very helpful if you have hoovered the room first and then dust the screen. Yes, I did have a few minor scratches which I managed to practically remove using camera lens cleaner (covered in other threads).
    It is very important to make sure that you do not introduce the scratches yoursef as you dust. Use the cloth supplied for the screen also for the black surround and never use any product like pledge or me sheen etc....

Finally (not sure if I fully understood this bit), the logo although it is engraved / embossed it should be level with the black frame. If this is not right and if you have bad scratches on the frame you could try to push for a replacement....

5. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Costas,

What i mean was, where the Pioneer logo is right in the middle of the frame that part of the frame is sticking out a bit, it is not completely level with the internal glass screen like the rest of the frame is, there is a little gap between the frame and the internal glass. Maybe that's because it is wall mounted or maybe it is not intalled properly.

By the way, talked to the pioneer about the scratches and they said if the scratches are not serious they will not replace it. They are going to send someone to have a look at it though. The scratches are not so obvious though i have to go really close and have a hard look at it before i can see them.

Cheers