1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 434 sceen burn?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ROBERTT, Jan 1, 2004.

1. ROBERTT

ROBERTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I have had my plasma since the beginning of December. I have turned down the contrast to 30 and upped the brightness to +6.

I watch a lot of sports on Sky and when first got the screen was paranoid about screen burn. After watching lots of Rugby and Darts over the last few days I think I might have slight screen burn.:mad:

The thing is from normal watching distance (3m) I cannot see the burn in at all, but when I get close to the screen (1m) I can see the faint outline of sky sports 1. It is hardly noticeable (even at 1m) but still there!! This makes me mad as if I could see this from 3m away I would have stopped watching these channels. Although I dont think 2-3 hours of sports a day (for the last couple of weeks) excessive.

I have just started to play monsters Ink to see if they will go but I think I might have screen burn by stealth:mad:

Does any one have any suggestions? There is no screen wipe function on the 434? Am hoping it will go after switched to standby overnight but not hopefull?

2. Pollywoggle

Pollywoggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Don't know much about the Pioneer but from following the threads here it seems quite difficult to get proper screenburn if you are sensible which you obviously have been. Most problems that folk have had have been residual images that fade after a period of time. And after they have given you a heart attack! Hope it goes away and you get your pieace of mind back!

3. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    ROBERTT
    I have the same screen since Nov the 1st and also owned a 433 before. I also have contrast at 30 and brightness at +5. It is not easy to suffer a screen burn!!! What you see is hopefully an after image lagging effect that goes away as soon as you play other moving material. In you case perhaps you need to play other material for a bit longer. It is also well explained in the manual. For a screen burn you need a static image or very bright logo displayed for more than 3 - 4 hours. The only worrying thing could be... did you use the screen at an extremely high contrast the first few days? Still I think if you try to play normal Film / TV material at the current settings, the effect should go away.

4. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217

ROBERTT,

I hope this helps :smashin:

DVD :)

5. ROBERTT

ROBERTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for the responses guys:smashin:

I have tried running a couple of fullscreen (anamorphic widescreen 1:85:1) animation disks hoping that the image will go away. I have had these running for the last 6 hours! Result.....image is still there but very very faint. Other members of this forum have reported that it can take up to 2 weeks of normal viewing for it to go completely so im hoping that this is the case (but not hopeful)

Reading the manual it states that onscreen static images can cause burn if displayed on screen for a few hours OR LESS if over a few days.

I was watching Sky Sports 1 over a couple of weeks but also watching DVD's as well ie NOT continuously!

NEW 434 owners please be aware that even watching for a relatively short period of time CAN cause burn in.