1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 434 or 435

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by viewer, Nov 21, 2004.

1. viewer

viewer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats the difference betrween the Pioneer 434 and the 435. Saw good reviews of 434 but naf reviews of the 435. IS the 435 a replacement of the 434

2. johnaalex

johnaalex
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    The 434 had the buzzing problem. I do not know about the reviews of the 435, but I looked closely at one yesterday alongside a 42 panny Viera. For my money the 435XDE (digital tuner) won hands down. However then we saw the Pio 50inch which I expect to buy in the new year....

John

3. drdavewatford

drdavewatford
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You might not have much of a choice now anyway - it's getting harder and harder to find a 434 as they're being superceded by the 435.

For what it's worth, I've had a 435 XDE for a few weeks now and am very happy with it. Picture with DVD player via HDMI is awesome, and Xbox via component is also nice. I've read some criticism of the picture with analogue sources such as TV, but it looks fine through my NTL cable box and an RGB scart, so no complaints from me.

Dr. D.

4. jaguar

jaguar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect that the press is dissapointed by the improvement from the 434 to the 435. The 434 was a very good panel and the 435 still is.
    There just is not much of a difference between them.