1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 434 fan running on standby ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by joys_R_us, Nov 29, 2003.

1. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The technician who came to my home gave me the tip to deactivate the EPG option. When this is done, the fan stops running on standby...

:smoke:

2. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    That is interesting and strange to hear...!

1. The EPG function is by software disabled for all models sold in UK . This is because its use relates to the "Next View" feature that very few German and French stations only have available. My old Sony 32"CRT multisystem TV had that feature enabled but had bought it in Germany...

2. The fan stops always after a few seconds when you put the system on standby.

So, what is happening here I wonder? Perhaps you have pan-european software installed which in turn has a bug because it should not run the fan when the system is on standby.

3. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately the fan on the Pio 434 media box is software controlled but not temperature controlled. I guess they were trying to save few cents for the temp sensor. So the software tells the fan when to run at which speed.

As the fan in my box is blowing cold air it is clear there is no temp control !

BLOODY BEANCOUNTERS AT PIO !

4. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I understand that but the fan should not be running when the system is on standby...