Pio 433MXE & 480P problem

P

pedromartinez

Hope someone can help!

I have a Pio 433MXE with PDA5002 card fitted to which I have just hooked up a modded XBOX via the official MS Hi-Def Component pack via Input2.

The problem I am having is that when I set the xbox to output 480P (via MS Dashboard) when I restart the machine via the mod chip, the screen displays completley a grren hue similar to when tring to outpur RGB over component!

I assumed the 433MXE was capable of handling 480P?

Strange thing is, when I set the xbox to output 720P everything is fine & when I play 720P capable games the PQ is awesome & the display shows 750P.

The problem is, not many games capable with 720P but all supposedly will output 480P so could do with tring to fix the probelm is poss!

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

pedromartinez

Set your X-Box to 480P and with the Green Screen image Press the Display button on the MXE remote; what does the MXE say it thinks its seeing?

It sounds like your X-Box is actually outputting Progressive RGB (sync on green) not Progressive YUV when its set to 480P.

Reset the Display to RGB (sync on green) and I'm sure all will be fine for your 480P output.

Best regards

Joe

Joe,

As ususal your suggestion has pointed me in the right direction.

Checked my 43MXE last night and for some reason, when receiving a 480p signal from the Xbox, the plasma had automatically changed the input from component to VGA!

Once reset back to component, everything worked fine. :clap:

Thanks Joe, as usual your advice has been sound.

cheers

Hello Pedro

Good news then.

I'm guessing your X-Box is outputting 640x480 which the Display has 'read' as a VGA (RGB) signal.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom