1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 433HDE widescreen button

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cjdshaw, Apr 8, 2003.

1. cjdshaw

cjdshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just set up my new Pio 433HDE (thanks to Visionary AV, London). No stuck pixels. Very much in love. I have two questions for other owners.
    1: Can you learn all the remote buttons to a universal remote? All worked OK to my MX-500 except the widescreen mode button. It simply refused to learn.
    2: Is there any way of getting a zoom mode for the PC input? My HTPC doesn't support 1280x768 but I'd compromise on a zoomed 1024x768. Otherwise it might be time for an upgrade.

2. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Get yourself a copy of PowerStrip, theen you'll be able to force your PC to do 1280x768.

3. cjdshaw

cjdshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Already tried Powerstrip. The custom video modes button is grayed out. My video card is an S3 Prosavage integrated onto my motherboard. I'd heard elsewhere that Powerstrip often won't work on embedded video boards.

4. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ah, yeah, onboard S3 video is usually pants. An upgrade to an AGP gfx card which would support PS wouldn't set you back that much, you can probably get a Radeon 9000Pro for about £65 now, and an MX440 for about the same if you look about...

5. cjdshaw

cjdshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trouble is, it's a miniature barebones system, the Shuttle SV24, that only has a PCI slot. I've found a Geforce2 PCI for about £40 but would PCI be good enough for video playback?