1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pio 433 MXE And HDMI compatability

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sapper, Dec 2, 2003.

1. sapper

sapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    When I bought my 433 MXE last november, one of the reasons that tilted me towards it was the possibility of it being upgadeable via the video card.

Due to governemtn foriegn policy, I have been out of the loop for a part of this year. What card upgrades are their for this Plasma? is it likely that a HDMI card would be released by eithre Pio or a third party/

yours curiosuly

ooops my typing has gone to pot! Sorry

Adrian

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Only the Aurora cards which you probably know about.

The much awaited KD card is still awaited and probably will never appear.

Given that I think a 434MXE is in the pipeline presumably with HDMI capability, and the 434HDE is already out, HDMI for the 433 is extremely unlikely.

3. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have no specific knowledge of what's going on inside Pioneer, but it seems to me that lots of 433MXE users will be miffed about HDCP preventing them using their screens with digital output from the 868 DVD player and other products.

Of course the 433MXE requires only a cable to connect video from HDMI. The problem is HDCP. It's going to be better value to sell your 433 and buy a 434 unless aurora's card gets a lot cheaper.

I can't see why Pioneer would change the card slot on the 433/503 for the 434/504. So it seems likely that 434MXE HDCP will be implemented by a card which Pioner could easily offer to 433MXE owners. It will be a marketing decision whether to or not. Marketing will probably say the MXE's are not for home entertainment so it's not available.