Pio 427 and BURN?

sapkan

Are the burn issues cured with the 7th generation of Pioneer plasmas? I need to buy a new set 427 or 4270 and the reason I am asking this is because I own a 436 RXE and it does tend to burn with the channel logos quite badly (yes, I am running it on the reduced settings recommended in this forum). I would go Panasonic but their design is simply horrible. 427 owners and experts please help

keefers

Novice Member
It has burned-in images on the screen?

Or just displays short term image retention? :confused:

K.

johnny-17

Are you sure that you mean BURN or do you get images that 'hang around for a bit' ? Burnt in images will never really go away but may just fade over time.
Do you have permanent images on screen all the time ?

Bumtious

Banned
Are the burn issues cured with the 7th generation of Pioneer plasmas? I need to buy a new set 427 or 4270 and the reason I am asking this is because I own a 436 RXE and it does tend to burn with the channel logos quite badly (yes, I am running it on the reduced settings recommended in this forum). I would go Panasonic but their design is simply horrible. 427 owners and experts please help

Hi

I have changed from a 506 to a 507 and can report that these logos under normal settings don't give retention like my 506 did. They went away reasonably fast and did not really cause me any concern.

The 507 is a different kettle of fish, had it 3 weeks and with contrast on 32 from the start I have had NO retention, even after watching 4 hours solid of footy on Sky Sports HD.

The only slight retention I suffered was 2 nights ago when watching BBC1 on Freeview. Fell asleep and News 24 came on with pesky "i" ident. Set was set to turn off after 3 hours of no remote activity.

Switched on the next day and noticed the i on the black screen but could not see it on anormal picture. After 5 MINS turned to input with no picture and it had completely vanished.

The 7's are fine

miceri

Novice Member
I ran my 507 in with quite low settings.

Now after watching footy through my awful cable feed (bright & harsh) I just stare and look and stare for what feels like hours for burn / retention...

You know what? Haven't seen a thing :smashin:

sapkan

Well, I dont know whether its retention or burn but logos tend to hand around for days. If I have watched a program for 3-4 hours nonstop then I can see the logo clearly on a blank screen and sometimes on other programs. I then try to watch other channels until the logo becomes bleaker. If I watch the same channel a lot it would probably never go away. The screen looks a little smeared around the top left and right corners where the logos normally are. Keep in mind that I keep the contrast at 25 and the dynamic contrast is strictly off.

********, that is good news. Lets really hope the 7th gen is improved in that area. Its a shame that this otherwise perfect plasma is plagued by this Boring issue

b0se

Novice Member
Pioneer made a huge effort to sort out the retention issues of Gen 6, and as far as I know, they have done an excellent job with Gen 7. Can't recall reading of a single 427/507 owner with screen burn / prolonged retention.

Bumtious

Banned
********, that is good news. Lets really hope the 7th gen is improved in that area. Its a shame that this otherwise perfect plasma is plagued by this Boring issue

Yes they really have sorted this.

This is now no different to any other make.

the filmmaker

Standard Member
I don't about this one. I got my 427 two months ago and did not pay any attention to this. Last night I got very scared I was watching SKY NEWS and was watching for about 2 hours. I changed the channel and to my shock saw the logo very clearly.

I called pioneer today and they said that i should put the plasma in Dynamic mode and turn on a snow signal then leave it on over night for seven days. She said that this will help, and from now on to have the contrast at 30.

I am worried now will I have this problem for the rest of the time that I have this plasma?:(

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom