Pinout for tiny slot connector on Pioneer

Macallan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and I don't know if this has been asked before. (I've looked around but couldn't find anything)

I have just bought myself a Pioneer DV 646A and I'm curious about the pinout of the little slot connector on the backside of the player.
Believe there is seven "pins" on this connector.
Can someone tell me the pinout, from left to right. (Looking at the player's back side)

Cheers,
Macallan

I don't know if what you want is on the site, bu take a look at http://www.hardwarebook.net/ they have all sort of odd interfaces listed.

The small port on the rear of the DVD player is common to most Pioner DVD players. It is a i/o port for updating firmware and software for de-regionalising etc. (rather than putting a RS323C port on the back that all consumers could use, they have this little port which require a specific dongle available to dealers only.

Thanks for your input, guys.

ReTro, do you know the actual pinout for this serial port?
I would very much like to know.

Thanks,
Macallan

I have no idea of the pinouts. I suspect they go through some simple array of bits in the dongle box, and then they go to a RS232c cable.

OK, thanks anyway.

Anyone else who knows??
Maybe someone who is in the mod business can tell us the "secret" of the pinout?

Cheers,
Macallan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom