Pinocchio Stop-Animation (Netflix) Guillermo Del Toro 2022

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Guillermo Del Toro will co-direct a darker tale on Pinocchio with Mark Gustafson (Animation Director on The Fantastic Mr. Fox).

Concept Art

pino27966.jpg

pino9654.jpg

pino7973.jpg

Press Release
The Jim Henson Company production will be a 3D stop-motion animated version of Pinocchio based on the edition of Carlo Collodi's classic tale illustrated by Gris Grimly. Inferno will represent the property to international buyers at the upcoming Cannes Film Festival.

Del Toro most recently served as executive producer of DreamWorks' Puss in Boots, Kung Fu Panda 2 and the upcoming Rise of the Guardians as well as creative consultant on Megamind. Guillermo Del Toro's Pinocchio marks his first turn helming an animated feature.

With a story by Del Toro, his frequent collaborator Matthew Robbins, and Gris Grimly, Guillermo Del Toro's Pinocchio is a retelling of one of the world's best-loved tales. The puppet Pinocchio embarks on a series of extraordinary and thrilling adventures, proving himself to be as indestructible as his love for his father. Robbins wrote the screenplay for the project.

Lisa Henson will produce for The Jim Henson Company with Del Toro and Jason Lust. Grimly and Gary Ungar will serve as executive producers, as will Bill Johnson and Jim Seibel of Inferno. Veteran rock musician and film composer Nick Cave will serve as music consultant for the production.

"Guillermo has been so passionate about this project from its inception, and it is an honor to have him bring his unique blend of live action and animation experience to this well-loved story, collaborating with the talented Mark Gustafson," said Lisa Henson, CEO of The Jim Henson Company.

"We thought the combination of beloved family friendly brands such as Pinocchio and The Jim Henson Company, along with the visual and storytelling genius of Guillermo del Toro, would have the makings of a film that will have tremendous worldwide box office appeal," said Inferno's Co-Chairman Bill Johnson. Added Jim Seibel, Co-Chairman of Inferno, "This is an exciting opportunity for both Inferno and the international distributors to be in business with filmmakers of this pedigree."

Last edited:
Alexandre Desplat on Guillermo del Toro‘s stop-motion musical;
Guillermo is very excited about the project, and what I’ve seen of the stop-motion animation is just beautiful. But for me it was really nice to be able to write songs for him. I wrote a lot of songs in France between 1985 and 2004 when I started doing movies in America, but after that I never had the opportunity. So this is a great film for me because there were seven or eight songs to write — it’s very difficult, but it helps when you have actors who can sing.
The cast includes Ewan McGregor, Christoph Waltz, and Tilda Swinton.

"Guillermo del Toro teases his ‘PINOCCHIO’ film focuses on disobedience: “I thought this could be an interesting background for Pinocchio, if we set it during the rise of Mussolini – an interesting time for a puppet that refuses to obey."

December

Artistry Looks great

Last edited:
Wonderful stuff, real heart and Witt, but Cate Blanchett & Tilda Swinton sum it up better in the Handcraved Cinema BTS. I must stop watching movies so late 🥱, I feel like I missed bits so need to rewatch the final few acts

Guillermo del toro’s house of horrors

I’m off to church 🤣

I’m not a governess, madam I’m a novelist, a raconteur 😀
Sebastian J Cricket

8/10

In other news

Guillermo del Toro as Totoro: The amazing fan art concept that was right under our noses

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom