1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinocchio

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by valhalla, Jun 10, 2004.

1. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I love a lot of Disney films. There are a lot of great one's and there are a lot of bad one's as well. This is an in between. It's not too bad, but it's not too good. To tell the truth, I got pretty bored. The story is very charming. And the songs are fun too, it's just not my type of Disney film. I would skip "Pinochio" when it comes to watching a good animation film. Otherwise, I'm going to be bored to death. I'm sorry, I could not have any sympathy for Pinocchio. It just felt silly to me. I would recommend "Sleeping Beauty" or "Lion King" over this. Those were the best Disney films.

4/10
    :thumbsdow

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    :eek:

Luckily sixty-odd years of posterity disagrees.

"Pinocchio" is a gem of a movie and was / is a high watermark for Disney and for animation in general. To describe this movie's status as "iconic" would be putting it mildly. It has more art (in every sense of the word) and child-like wonder in a single frame than "The Lion King" has in it's entire running time.

"The Lion King" is the type of bland corporate "product" that represents everything that is wrong with the Katzenberg era Disney Studio.

And incidentally Disney had already made "The Lion King" many years before and made it better. It was called "Bambi".