1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle V8 Deluxe - anolog capture error

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by David Hughes, Dec 29, 2002.

1. David Hughes

David Hughes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks
    recently purchased Pinnacle Studio V8 deluxe with a sexy blue breakout box that allegedly allows the user to capture analogue footage and edit on PC. Have spent the entire chrimbo period trying to get this bugger to work. DV capture (not a problem) but getting capture error when connecting to the blue box. I have a couple of home movies that I want to capture from vhs to PC and then burn to DVD, it all seemed so simple at first ! Is there any other way of getting VHS video onto my pc , am using a JVC GR-DVP7 this has in/out dv functionality but not (am guessing) the capability to record from vcr ???? Pinnacle is a great piece of kit, love using it, however, will seriously consider throughing the capture card and software out of the study window if I can't get the blue breakout box to work !
    Any help greatly appreciated as I'm sure I'm not the only one to suffer from this issue !
    Happy NY

2. kprint

kprint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try using your digicam on pass through. My panny has dv in/out and analogue in/out. Enabling in the vcr mode allows analogue to pass through the cam and out as digital to the PC via firewire. Saved me buying a convertor.

3. David Hughes

David Hughes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for coming back kprint. Not sure if my JVC has this functionality, or the user has that level of ability, however, appreciate the feedback
    cheers]