• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pinnacle Tuner Card - worked on XP, now running Win7. Probs with Windows Media Centre

sarah_2277

Standard Member
Hello,
My tv card worked fine with XP (Pinnacle PCTV 310i). After installing Win7 the pinnacle software wouldn't work so I installed Windows Media Centre. It detected the tv tuner and found all the channels etc and was working fine. However, I always shut my pc down at night and when I boot up again the next day and open WMC it says: viewing or listening conflict, no tuner available to satisfy the current request.
I've tried various things that I found on google like checking the firewall and most of the other suggestions you get when you type in viewing or listening.....
I'd appreciate any ideas, as I can't find anything specific to my problem, because it does find the channels and I can view tv so it must be working but for some reasons it's not holding the channels. Thanks.

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
Have you installed all the w7 updates?

I had something similar: try this and tell us what you get.

Select program guide.
Move the program selector box to a current programme.
Instruct WMC to record programme.
Open Recorded TV.
Select recording programme.
If it starts to play back, select live tv.
If it plays ok instruct wmc to stop recording.
WMC tv should then work as expected.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom