1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio9: Can I rotate the clip anticlockwise?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by RSV_Ecosse, Jul 24, 2005.

1. RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I strapped my Canon MV700 to my motorbikes tankbag yesterday, went out for a run and took some nice footage.

Only thing is, I had the camera lying on its side on the top of the tankbag, and after transferring the footage to my PC, in Pinnacle Studio 9, it shows the footage just like that, you have to tilt your head to the right to view it!!! DOH!!!

Pinnacle Studio 9 doesn't appear to be able to do this, so......

Is there a program available that I can rotate the view of the clip with and play it back all the way through in this manner, much the same way you would do with say.....a still picture/jpg in Windows?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

2. RSV_Ecosse

RSV_Ecosse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think I've found something that will do the trick.

BlazeMedia Pro ver 6.0.

Just tried it out, and although for some reason its makes edges on the footage a little "jagged" it allows for rotation through the full 360 range.

3. JAMIN

JAMIN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same issue, but the clips i want to rotate are part of a 45 minute show.

Is there no way of rotating them in Pinnacle Studio 9?

Help on this would be gratefully recieved!

:lease:

4. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I don't know about Pinnacle Studio 9, but I know that Microsoft Movie Maker 2 allows you to rotate your footage. As it's free, it's worth giving it a try to see if you're happy with the results.

5. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I don't think you rotate footage in Studio 9. You can only rotate photos.

However Ulead Studio 9 can rotate footage and can be downloaded for a 30 day trial.

"Editing and Filters
    When you select a clip, the Options panel displays the actions that you can apply to it. You can Multi-trim the clip into separate pieces, or Split by Scene. Use new options to not only Rotate sideways, but also play in Reverse, and change the Playback Speed (from 10% to 1000%) -- with time stretching to adjust the length without distorting the audio. There's also a Color Correction option to tweak a clip's color, contrast, and gamma (which does not work well on MPEG clips, since it highlights the compression blocks)."

http://www.manifest-tech.com/media_pc/ulead_vs9.htm