1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio DVplus for £140?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by JIT, Feb 20, 2003.

1. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I am completely new to DV editing and am looking to buy an editing card, i have been reccommended the Pinnacle Studio DVplus but would like some opinions as to whether it is any good. Also any sites where i can buy it, thanks.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    I found Pinnacle Studio DV on www.dabs.co.uk for £81.07 inc VAT
    and Pinnacle Studio DV Deluxe for £199.75inc
    The deluxe edition allows you to capture analogue & digital formats. The standard version is only digital.Pinnacle Studio DVplus is digital only capture, but analogue output for creating VHS etc tapes and costs £135.12inc.
    Pinnacle Studio 8 is a highly recommended editing package for beginners (and even more advanced users!) and has a lot of good features. Take a look, and if it does what you require then I would say it is as good as any in the price range.
    Check the specs of your PC and also make sure that you have plenty of spare disk space. DV footage will take 4Gb of space for every 4minutes captured :eek:

Good luck
    Mark.

3. raneeshm

raneeshm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try amazon .co.uk, i found pinnacle the cheapest there