1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio deleting corrupted files

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by kevink, Apr 30, 2005.

1. kevink

kevink
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is really a PC issue. I captured a couple of clips using pinnacle but unlike those before and after, these two are corrupted. they don't read or record to disk. They are stored on my maxtor 250gb external drive. when I try to delete the video file or the pinnacle SCN file using explorer, I get the message Cannot delete The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. So I don't want to keep 3gig of corrupted files on there, any idea how I get rid?

TY

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a very similar problem a few weeks back in that windows would not let me delete a file on an external hard drive - the only way I found I could do it in the end was to use the 'command prompt' - if you know how to use that try it - but if you are at all unsure please say and we'll walk you through the procedure - it is possible to create some quite difficult problems on your PC if you do the wrong thing while in the command prompt.

Can you also confirm which version of windows your using - your use of the word 'explorer' suggests Win95 or 98. -

The first thing you will also need to know is the exact name and full path to the files - for instance if your ext hard drive is 'E' and your files are not in folders it will be something like E:\*yourfile* - but if you have folders and subfolders it would be something like E:\Documents\Videos\*yourfile*

3. kevink

kevink
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ironically, although the files wouldn't delete individually, I deleted the directory that they were in and they are gone.... Hopefully. Apologies to the forum for going somewhat off topic. It is linked in that the offending corrupted files were loaded by Pinnacle.