Pinnacle Studio and Standalone DVD recorder- which one?

M

mobione

Still trying to get an answer to this question so framing it in a different way.

Anyone using a stanalone DVD recorder to burn from Pinnacle Studio?

cheers

Anyone using a stanalone DVD recorder to burn from Pinnacle Studio?
You can't use a standalone DVD recorder as an external DVD burner for your PC. If you get a model with iLink in then you might be able to send DV from a suitable output port on your PC whereby you could 'author' on the standalone. You'd be much, much better off just getting a PC DVD burner though as then you can make your own custom menus etc. The cheapest DVD burners can be picked up for £50:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=57305

...or £70 if you want a fastest, all format drive:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=58356

If you want to record from Sky (etc) then a standalone is the best option for that. But if your well under way on a project in Pinnacle Studio to try and copy that across to a standalone would not be ideal IMHO.

thanks Rasczak

Unfortunately I want to Archive from Sky+ and burn DVDs from a PC running Pinnacle Studio. I wanted something that does both -thinking I will rarely burn a dvd from my PC so I could move the standalone and connect it via a firewire.
However from what you say - you are suggesting I need a standalone and a pc dvd writer. hmmmm

However from what you say - you are suggesting I need a standalone and a pc dvd writer
I'm not 100% sure to be honest. Loads of DVDRs have iLink inputs HOWEVER I'm not sure how many will actually accept a signal coming from a PC application. The Pioneer 3100 may be able to do what your after - although copy protection in the unit may stop it - and I'm not sure about the rest. Certainly virtually everyone in this situation has both and you'll get the best results this way!

Of course copying camcorder footage direct to a standalone DVDR can be done easily with editting done on the standalone.

Thanks

I hadn't realised internal pc dvd writers were available for so little. I may well get that LG 8x DVD DUAL R/RW/RAM IDE BURNER for £70. I had an LG CD burner on my old PC and loved it.

Then all I need is a good value DVD recorder. Do LG do one?

Then all I need is a good value DVD recorder. Do LG do one?
One is due anytime now - WVWE says it's available now but I haven't seen it yet. Specifications look good as well: RGB input, iLink, Card slot etc. There is going to be a review in next months issue.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom