Pinnacle Studio 9 AV/DV Card Owner Question.

Garrett

Reaction score
I want to transfer some footage from my camcorder and video to the PC for editing then either transferring them back to video or burning them to DVD.
I have been looking at a Pinnacle Studio 9 AV/DV but on the pictures of it on the back I can only see one audio input socket whereas on the breakout box there is 2.
Can you input stereo sound or can you only do mono?

I think I have looked on every site for a picture of the card itself or even on the box but cannot find what sort of sound input it is, also non of the sites that sell it or even Pinnacle themselves are clear whether you can input stereo in this way.

On one of the sites I found the i/o listed as:

Provided Interfaces:
4 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire) - 6 PIN FireWire
1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire) - 4 PIN FireWire
1 x display / video - composite video output - RCA
1 x display / video - composite video input - RCA
1 x display / video - S-video output
1 x display / video - S-video input
1 x audio - line-In - RCA x 2
1 x audio - line-out - RCA x 2

It says '1x audio - 2x RCA' so this must be stereo. I can only think that the input on the actual card is a stereo jack socket if there is only a single audio socket.
All digital & most analogue camcorders have stereo sound so I can't believe that Pinnacle would make a capture device that only works with mono sound.

Mark.

I just been thinking that there is only a total of 5 sockets on the back 2 look S-VHS 2 look RCA and 1 USB as the mention S-VHS and RCA video input and output I wonder if they use either the sound card sockets or a 2 female sockets to a USB plug special lead, if that can be used in that way.

Well I would think that the ports I listed above would be those on the breakout box and the card, and not just on the card. The breakout box probably connects to the card via a proprietary connection and I would guess that the connection that looks like USB is actually the firewire port.
My Matrox RT-2500 breakout box connects via a proprietary connection and the audio is looped out of the plug and into my soundcard (stereo jack plug). The firewire connection is directly into the card and not via the breakout box.

Mark.

On reading on an other web site I found you needed a sound card so I took it that the lead was for a mini jack to the sound card. Anyway I have orderd one.
Thanks for your help Mark. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom