1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio 8 Se

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by martin day, May 12, 2005.

1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to start burning my video footage onto DVD and am looking at buying an external dvd writer that comes bundled with Nero6.3. But recently I bought my daughter a wacom graphics tablet for her graphics work and this came bundled with Pinnacle Studio 8 SE. Now I have windows Movie Maker on my PC so do I already have all the software I need to get started becuase I have read quite a few reports that Pinnacle crashes quite a few PC's?

So would Nero 6.3 be a better all round option?

2. emocean

emocean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The one thing you will need is lots of patience as writing DVDs takes time. Forget all that stuff about 8x burn speed as the encoding process is the thing that takes the time. I use Pinnacle studio 8 and it works well for me. There are so many variables with software and hardware that it can take a long time and a lot of wasted DVD's to get it right. I would recommend using DVDrw discs while you are perfecting your set up.
    I took me some time to work out that my Sony Vaio with built in burner will not work with certain types of disc and it only seems to like Sony branded 8x media. A nice bit of cross marketing maybe ;)
    I also use a Pioneer DVD recorder with a firewire input, a DVR-3100. This is great for one off copies of Mini DV tapes as you just plug the Camera in and it burns the DVD as you play your Mini DV in real time.
    I have also tried Nero with no problems and Sony Click to DVD which just will not work for me.
    Good Luck
    Matt