1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio 8 rendering problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by mab25, Jan 14, 2004.

1. mab25

mab25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm having problems rendering a DVD movie in Pinnacle Studio 8. The video is about 1hr 10 mins long and I have set the bitrate to 6500 which gives me a few of spare minutes on a DVD-R.

I have chosen the option to create an image to disk instead of burning the DVD as I will be doing the burning later.

The video is made up of a very large number of clips and also has titles and music.

About 30 seconds after it starts rendering it fails with an error,something like "Failed to create disk"

Is there a limit to how many clips Pinnacle Studio 8 can handle. I've created and burnt many movies before although containing less clips and to SVCD (about 25 mins long) and not DVD. This is my first attempt at creating a DVD.

Any ideas why my movie fails to render almost immediately.

Thanks,
    M.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. mab25

mab25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cut down my video to 55 minutes by removing some of the clips and it rendered fine.

I can only assume that this is another bug in pinnacle studio 8 where it can't render when there are a very large number of clips or a very long movie.

M.

4. matty2767

matty2767

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try making an avi first. then convert it to a mpeg in tmpgenc.