1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio 8 problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by TheHighlander, Jul 18, 2004.

1. TheHighlander

TheHighlander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI,

I'm VERY ANNOYED :censored: at present and am trying this prior to throwing the PC out the window.

I use Studio 8 to edit weddings, and have a particularly problematic one. Short version of the story, just edited it for the second time taken 4 hours or so, tried to dub music on the start and when moving along the audio track BANG Studio EXE has developed errors and will be closed by windows, now i can open studio and other projects but when i try to open this one automatically gets the error message and it closes.

Is there any way i can retreve this project or is it edit it for a 3rd time??!!

Also anyone recomend GOOD ( read stable ) editing software? i'm on the budget range as only run the business part time so can't afford the mega systems.

someone recomended an old version of ADOBE for a question i asked previously, would this be suitable? and would it do what pinnacle can, transitions titles and edit output to DVD or Video. Thanks over to you.

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I use Sony's Screen Blast 3.0. It never crashes, very easy to use and has some very nice effects I use on all my Video's.

3. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What version of Pinnacle Studio 8 do you run?, if you haven't already, download & install the v8.12 upgrade from Pinnacles website, it's free and makes the system a lot more stable.

I would recommend Adobe Premiere for editng, but the version i refered to earlier has no facility to burn straight to DVD, I usually dump edited project to DV then capture on Pinnalce, caption it and burn it.

As in interim meansure don't open pinnacle first, find your project file on your hard drive and then open that, this may solve your current problem.

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Pinnacle 8...OUCH!

Had lots of problems with this and version 9.

And only one video track??!! :confused:

Both VERY unstable to say the least.

Try ULead Video Studio 8, MUCH better, never crashed on me yet and is as good as Pinnacle when it comes to features.

£50 and you can download an AC3 plug-in for about £16....

www.ulead.co.uk

5. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Must admit I had loads of problems with Studio 8 - kept crashing - titles would delete themselves and duplicate themselves at random!

This weekend I have upgraded to Studio 9 and so far - it seems Rock Solid - I had to download a 50mb update patch as soon as installed but it seems a -ok.

Maybe worth an upgrade if u r used to the interface already - Studio 9 is identical.

Dave

6. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Pinnacle 8 is a pig, I know because thats the program I use. As far as I can guess, so long as the edit is less than 25-30 mins its better but not perfect.

Pinnical Studio :thumbsdow

7. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know what type of file system your hard drive uses?, if it is a fat32 type this may be causing the problem, it wouldn't handle a project longer than around 18 minutes, you would need to get a NTFS type hard disc for longer projects.

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,048