Pinnacle Studio 8, BLA!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by rsk64, Mar 29, 2005.

1. rsk64

rsk64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've been using Pinnacle Studio 8 (I'm using the latest Patch and the Performace Enchancer, also latest version) and it's been glitchy here and there but it works rather well, but now I have a problem. When I play the video the sound goes out for certain scenes, like everytime I preview the sound goes out! I'm goning to find out if thats how it renders later when I get the chance, but does anyone know how to fix this? I don't wish to be directed to the Fourm on thier offical website cause I have a hard time with that. Please help... It's just this one project it's doing it too. This has happened before, and the only solution was to delete the project! If anyone knows of a patch or a setting or just something!

Also if anyone knows, I've heard there's a hack for Studio 8 to preview full-screen, anyone know of it?

bla! also if you can't think of a solution, does anyone know of a better program? I already know of Adobe Premire Pro and Ulead VideoStudio but any other suggestions? My computer doesn't work well with Studio 9, at all! The preview window spazes! BLA!

So please if someone isn't busy and can think of a way to help me, please!! :lease:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,442
    Well as you must know by now, Pinnacle Studio is unstable and crashes on most people that use it. Even the latest versions, although better, are still bad and many people have given up on it and moved on to something else. Ulead Video Studio 9 is due to be released soon so may be worth another look. If not then the up and coming favourite seems to be Sony Vegus Movie Studio - details can be found Here and can be downloaded for a free 30 day trial (as can Ulead software).

Mark.

3. rsk64

rsk64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats fine, but I really need to save my current project! is there a way to do this? or convert it, maybe import it to another program!? bla!

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,442
    Just save the project as an AVI file to the HDD. The AVI file can then be opened in any of the editing programs and finished in there.

Mark.

5. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Hi

I've had similar sound problems to you. I found simply rebooting the PC and then reopening the project restored the sound. Not ideal but easy to do. I found this problem tended to occur on large projects i.e. 1 hour +

Similar problems to you with Studio 9+ having done an upgrade. However I had to re-install my PC the other week and I installed a clean version of Studio 9+ with the latest patch.

Guess what.....all the problems went away and it hasn't crashed yet. Having nearly thrown the software in the bin it does seem OK and the new functionality in plus is great. It doesn't seem to like upgrading from a previous release IMHO.

I know it's not particulary good to have to re-format and re-install your PC but if you are confident with doing that and have the time it maybe worth doing. The added bonus being my PC runs a damn site faster t han it did before it was re-installed.

6. rsk64

rsk64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know....

I tried the lastest trial of Studio 9 Trial, I'm not sure, I think it's pro...

I can't uninstall it! I tried reinstalling it and trying, but it says i'm missing a file and setup is terminated. Help?

-edit
    Once i'm done with this project and I decide to use a new program, I would like to kno one thing, I want a program that uploads video from and to my camcorder and be sure no glitches occur, b/c as we all know video is irreplaceable! I also want that tags and everything attached to my video goes with it, for example the video includes the time and the date shot. I wasn't sure weather other software does this can I get a seperate thing for video capture altogehter? I need something reliable!!!!! This is the only reason I stayed with Studio 8, I am very clueless when it comes to capturing and loading back to camera, I want it to be the same quality and resolution and no glitches (like pinnacle occasionally had) taking or putting from my computer to the camera, I want it to bring the video as it is.... I don't care about the speed which depends on my comp anyway but it can't be insanley slow, jus slow wouldn't bother me. I use Firewire and have sh*tty USB 1.1....
    and last thing is if any glitches occur, or any dropped frames, I want it to tell me or indicate it somehow.... bla! I know it's alot to read and i'm a bit clueless but please help! :lease: :lease:

7. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,442
    To get the footage off your PC and back onto the cam you need to have DV-in enabled on the camcorder. Most of the cams sold in the UK don't have this as standard and the newer models are hardware disabled, so it can't be enabled like it could with most camcorders until recently. If your camcorder does not have DV-in enabled then you are basically stuffed on this :devil:

When captureing via firewire the time & date will never be overlayed on the video regardless of the software used to do the capture. To get the time & date on screen dureing capture you will need to capture via analogue. Otherwise you could always add it as a graphic during the editing.

Regardless of the software used you are still very likely to get dropped frames dureing capture and writing back to tape if you have the normal background programs running. If you open up the Task Manager and look at everything that is running you will see loads of things taking up PC resources that don't need to be running. I use a small free program called EndItAll2 to stop all these unwanted processes. Do an internet search for it, but if you can't find it PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward a copy on to you. This program has solved many users dropped frames problems.

Capture and writing back to tape via firewire is a 100% quality digital transfer, therefore there should be no difference in resolution or quality once back on tape unless you changed it on the PC dureing editing.
    Transfer of footage to or from the camcorder via firewire will always be in real time as the camcorder will only play or record at 1x speed.

Mark.

8. videoman

videoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Studio 9.3 seems to be fairly trouble free now with only a very occasional "hang" on a long project but you do need plenty of memory and processor speed.

9. rsk64

rsk64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem solved! To anyone who reads this, Pinnacle Studio 8 sucks! I know you've heard it before but I'm jus reminding you people it's caused me so much stress and trouble! Thanks for everyone's support!

10. alistairgd

alistairgd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just posting to echo that sentiment. PINNACLE SUCKS, thank goodness someone introduced me to Ulead.