1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio 8 and DivX 6 Codec

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by gdickin2, Oct 19, 2005.

1. gdickin2

gdickin2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to encode some of my projects created in Studio 8 to hard disk. I wanted to use the DivX Codec which is visible in the "list all codecs" section of the make avi file menu. However when I come to encode the file it goes through the motions of setting it up and then just sits there saying encoding please wait, but it does not progress.
    Has anyone used the DivX 6 codec with Studio 8 and did it work ? If so what steps did you got through ?

many thanks

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I've only encoded to divx using Studio 9 releaee 9.4.2 and it worked OK. The dixv encoder was listed as "Div X Encoder" with no version number.

However when I create the file it did take a couple of minutes before the encoding started and the progress bar advanced.

If you are converting a long project, leave it a while and see if anything happens. Also check to see if the CPU is doing anything even tohugh the progress bar is not moving.