Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pinnacle ShowCenter 1000g

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by shoehorn, Dec 23, 2004.

1. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I just have to say that I got one of these yesterday (an early Christmas present), and it's one of the best things I've bought. :thumbsup:

It set up on my wireless network with ease and in about 20 minutes I was watching movies, photos and listening to music - all on my TV in the living room. :eek:
    The menus/remote are very intuitive - everything worked liked a charm! :clap:
    It's early days and I was only playing, but this is still one of the best things I've bought and I expect it to get better the more I use it and get to know what it can do.

Highly recommended!

Even the Mrs agrees! :smoke:

2. hebawom

hebawom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can it stream a DVD with smooth playback?

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I promise to report back when I've had more time to play with it.... just wanted to post initial impressions first.... watch this space (although not until mid-Jan.)

4. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    DVD playback over LAN is smooth - but as the movie progresses through the VOBs there is a small pause. It doesnt use the IFO file to determine chapters.

5. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How far away is the 1000g from the Access Point? How many walls/floors does the signal have to go through. I found the 1000g to be a bit deaf compared with the DSM-320 but then that has a proper aerial rather than just being a card with integral antenna moulded in. I have stopped using the wireless card in the 1000g and it now has much better hearing with a 54g Wireless Bridge adaptor with two proper aerials (a Belkin F5D7330UK). I had already used one of these Belkin bridges very successfully with a "modded" XBox running the XBMC media software.