1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle ShowCenter 1000g

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by shoehorn, Dec 23, 2004.

1. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I just have to say that I got one of these yesterday (an early Christmas present), and it's one of the best things I've bought. :thumbsup:

It set up on my wireless network with ease and in about 20 minutes I was watching movies, photos and listening to music - all on my TV in the living room. :eek:
    The menus/remote are very intuitive - everything worked liked a charm! :clap:
    It's early days and I was only playing, but this is still one of the best things I've bought and I expect it to get better the more I use it and get to know what it can do.

Highly recommended!

Even the Mrs agrees! :smoke:

2. hebawom

hebawom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can it stream a DVD with smooth playback?

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I promise to report back when I've had more time to play with it.... just wanted to post initial impressions first.... watch this space (although not until mid-Jan.)

4. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    DVD playback over LAN is smooth - but as the movie progresses through the VOBs there is a small pause. It doesnt use the IFO file to determine chapters.

5. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How far away is the 1000g from the Access Point? How many walls/floors does the signal have to go through. I found the 1000g to be a bit deaf compared with the DSM-320 but then that has a proper aerial rather than just being a card with integral antenna moulded in. I have stopped using the wireless card in the 1000g and it now has much better hearing with a 54g Wireless Bridge adaptor with two proper aerials (a Belkin F5D7330UK). I had already used one of these Belkin bridges very successfully with a "modded" XBox running the XBMC media software.