pinnacle firewire

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by pug, Mar 5, 2002.

1. pug

pug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there,

i am having problems installing my texas instruments firewire card from pinnacle on winME. do i need the winME cd to install the correct drivers? i have installed the card by allowing hardware wizard to search for a driver but when i restart my computer it comes up with various exclamation boxes (ndetect has caused a problem) , the e-mail protection for virus' is disabled and i can't connect to the net.

please help, i dont know what to do

cheers

2. Gurubarry

Gurubarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pug, I use a Pinnacle card with ME. To re-install it you have to very carefully follow the instructions, 'cause there is a bit about the order of installation in there. If you can swap the card into another slot, this sometimes works.
    hope this helps ,
    barry

3. Skid Solo

Skid Solo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I found the only way I could install this card, was to actually connect a video camera and have the video camera turned on during installation. No more problems after this.

4. Timmie Boy

Timmie Boy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pug

What do Pinnacle say about installing the card? You've obviously followed their instructions?
    I have installed the same card that came with Videowave 4 and it instructed that I use the driver that came with windows 98 cd. So maybe with Win Me you have to do the same.