1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle DVC80, Analogue Camcorder-Poor Quality Encoding

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Kroeger, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Kroeger

Kroeger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have an analogue camcorder, a Pinnacle DVC80 box with USB connection to Pc and am using Studio 8. My problem is that the capture quality seems fine, but when I create mpeg2 file for DVD creation the quality of the disc is not comparable to the original tape. This is even when the quality settings are maxed in Studio 8 i.e. 740x576 res, 12,000 bitrate etc. The output is pixellated and video-audio sync is not great.

I just want to archive home videos onto DVD for viewing through standalone DVD player.

Please can someone tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks.

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    MPEG encoders are not all created equally.

There are so many variables in the production chain from camcorder to DVD. Do the MPEG files look rubbish on your PC (before authoring & burning to DVD) ?

3. Kroeger

Kroeger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Well the captured video in the Pinnacle preview window looks fine, would I be better off using Adobe Premiere to capture and encode?

4. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Premiere is a higher range product than Pinnacle studio (if you have it) If you don't have it yet though it's a lot more expensive.