• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pinnacle DV200 firewire card and Samsung DV camcorder

brian_lewis67

Standard Member
I'm not sure if I've posted this in the correct section or not so apologies if it isn't.

I recently purchased a second hand Pinnacle DV200 PCI firewire card (TI OHCI version) for my pc to enable me to transfer my brothers wedding footage of my dads Samsung DV camcorder.

The card didn't come with any discs or anything and was told that the windows driver in XP would be fine.

It all installed correctly (or appeared to) but whenever I connect the camera I get an error in device manager on 61883 Class Bus Device which I believe is the camera as it only appears once the camera is plugged in and switched on.

I've looked on the net and there are a lot of people with a similar issue.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brian

senu

Distinguished Member
If you are sure the Camcorder is fine and cable it may not be true that the Pinnacle capture card will work without drivers
It is provably worth just getting a generic firewire card for a tenner and using it instead
My Experience with Pinnacle cards of old is that they often needed drivers usually installed with a copy of the Pinnacle software they support
DV200 is really really old though:eek:
I used the DV 500 and then Pro One and that was a good few years ago now ( at least 5 years on). Even the Avid Liquid 7 Pro I now have isnt exactly yeaterdays kit!

Tinderbox (UK)

I bought a firewire cable to connect my minidv cam to my dvd-recorder , but i could not get it to work , I tried 2 different camcorder no go , I borrowed my uncles dvd-recorder nothing , so i bought another firewire cable and it worked straight away, beware cheap ebay cables.

I bought one from play.com it was cheap also but a lot better quality than the ebay one.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom