1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Dc10 Plus

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by minnie, Dec 9, 2004.

1. minnie

minnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    These cards are on E Bay for around the £50 mark. I know they are old, and I have read loads of reviews general consensus comes in at 85% positive.

Do any of you tech heads (a term of endearment and envy) know if this is a good price ? and what is the equivalent card out on the market today ?

Thank you kindly

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    I picked the Pinnacle Studio AV/DV for around the £80-85 it does both analogue and also digital. So is great for video and the old Hi-8 and other older camcorders and is there for when you upgrade to digital.

3. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I had one of these a few years ago. Mine only made about £20 on ebay when I got rid of it so you should be able to get one for around that if you can bide your time. It worked ok on our lowish spec (400ish Mhz Celeron) computer and I always thought that it would be pretty good given a better pc. When I bought it the DC30 was very popular but more costly so if you can get one of those for a low price it might be worthwhile.

You could also consider an graphics card with video capture. I don't have any experience of these but I would have thought last year's models should be pretty cheap if you shop around and the PC mag websites should have plenty of reviews.

My new system has firewire anyway but I have bought a Canopus ADVC100 which converts analogue video and sound to DV. Very nice piece of kit but cost about £350 with a Premiere bundle.

4. minnie

minnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I saw that, but am furious with myself, because I bought Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus for £42 last week, and at that time it was only to do presentations using digital photos and digital videos from my new digital camera (not camcorder), but got the bug and decided I wanted to bring inmy old Hi8 to the computer. So now am looking for a capture card. Kicking myself because the Pinnacle Studio AV>DV includes the Studio 9, albeit not the +plus version. So I would be paying for it twice. How silly I am. So can someone tell me what the equivalent of this Pinnacle CARD would be without the full software.

Thanks

5. THEMike

THEMike
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you tell me where you got it from? I can only find it for around £100 (ebuyer , amazon etc)

Sounds like the ideal solution to my problems.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    Hi THEMike

I think I got it from Dabs but I looked there now and they are now £155 :eek: but I just looked at Scan and they are in there for £86.07 Have a look here.

Just read the details and make sure it is what you want.

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    minnie does your camcorder have analogue input and digital out as some camcorder allow you to use them as converters.

8. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The cheapest one I've seen is here , suprisingly!