1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle 9 Burning Problems (dont laff)

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Peter Wright, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Peter Wright

Peter Wright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

OK OK I should have listened and avoided v9 :laugh: Anyway, created my first project no problems, burnt direct to DVD. Then decidedto create a DVD image, and it seemed to work. BUT, tried to create DVD from the image (leaving PC on overnight) and all I could see happeninf was hard drive activity, DVD untouched. Abandoned that idea for the burning direct option that had worked, and it did the same again....just hard disk activity and a blank DVD :eek: The software seems to recognise that I have dvd attached but willnot write to it anymore :confused: Any ideas please before I uninstall and reinstall the software. Thanks

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I rarely use any authoring program to burn to disc. Prefer to use the reliability of a dedicated burning program to burn an .img file (or the VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS files) to disc. It doesn't take long to do these days.

3. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'll second vonhosen.

I gave up burning from Pinnacle ages ago and instead output to disk and then burn using Nero. Using this method seems far more reliable.