1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle 300i - sound help please

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by shoehorn, Aug 23, 2005.

1. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi,
    I've had a good scan round, but couldn't find my answer, so I'm hoping someone here can help...
    I've installed the Pinnacle 300i PCI card, got the Freeview tuned in, but got no sound....
    There is an Internal Audio Cable which is one of those 4 pin connectors at each end, but I read somewhere that it is only needed for analogue TV, not Freeview???
    If I do need it, which I think I do, I can't find where to plug it on my motherboard anyway!
    So can anyone help please - do I need the cable for Freeview, if so any idea where I might have to plug it in on my motherboard, or do I need to buy a soundcard to get everything working.
    Thanks. :)

2. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    You need to connect it to your soundcards cd input port, if you have an on board soundcard try looking for a port that the cable fis into, should be labeled CD IN/AUX IN, not sure if don't think you do need one for freeview, but you can try connecting it anyway, try looking through the tv tuner manual, they usually tell you how to install it...

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks
    - is the on-board soundcard part of the motherboard...?
    I'm gonna have to do this from memory when I get home as my Internet is not set up yet - due to moving house last Friday.....

4. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Well if oyu use the onboard sound then it is part of the motherboard, just look for hte connector on the board..

Here is an image of the CD in port with a cable connected to it, sometimes there are more than one of these on the board, so make sure you choose the right one, usually it's name "CD In" or "Aux In", once you have it connected up you might have to choose the port you connected your cable to from the TV Tuner software under the "Audio" options..

[​IMG]

5. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Perfect! Thanks your help meansizzler :thumbsup:
    Got it working! VERY HAPPY! (and the Mrs is impressed too! :eek: )
    Had to do a bit of digging for the port and then remove two PCI cards to get to it.... hoping that I'd put the connector on the right way round before putting the PC back together again..... it only had the 4 pins sticking out, no "jacket" for the plug to clip into...
    Nothing on boot up - shut down, turned over the connector on the card... and then all was good!
    Thanks again.... :thumbsup: