1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinkish Stain Patch

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Rookies, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    A Mate of mine just got a new sony FQ80 everything is great on it apart from a pinkish stain patch on the bottom right hand side corner. It is very very faint and can only be notice on white backround. IE if watching sky sport news you have that info banner at the bottom which is white he can see it on that. He says there is no Speakers or any magnet field anywhere near the tv as he got no such thing yet. Just a tv on it own in the courner with dvd player and sky.

Any ideas what it is folks?

As I have seen magnet stain which is mix colour this is just a very very faint pinkish

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +891
    Hi

Does the TV have a Purity Adjustment at all? Had the same problem with my JVC HV32D25 and Purity adjustment sorted it out. It was in the Picture Tilt menu, in case the Sony has something similar.

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +345
    Hi,

Well I have the same tv as him and I dont have this problem. But I looked into the standard menu on the tv and there is no purity adjustment. Unless it is in the services menu. If It is then I tell him as I am not looking in my services menu as my set is great. I just want to get him sorted as I told him to get that FQ80 lol.

So you say you had like a faint pinkish patch then in a courner when in the centre of the screen it nice white?

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +891
    Yes, had a pink patch in the top right hand corner. The Purity adjustment got rid of completely.:) You don´t have to access the Service Menu on mine to adjust it though.