• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PINK laptop/netbook for a female friend

dgwl

Novice Member
A Female friend has asked for my help on buying a new PINK laptop/netbook. Her main priority is that it has to be PINK. Here are her Specs:

What is your budget?
£200-450~

What size laptop do you want?
Netbook to 14"

Do you have resolution requirements?
No

Do you want a matte or glossy (reflective) screen?
Don't Mind

What will you be using the laptop for?
Bit of simple Java programming - Alice.org, Processing.org
MS Office
Browsing internet
low GPU games

If you will be gaming, what games do you need to play?
Fable: The lost chapters

How long does the battery need to last?
No requirements providing the power supply is relatively light

Does it need to be portable?
Anything under 2.4kg i'd assume

Do you require Blu-Ray?
No

Do you require HDMI
No, but it'd be nice to have it...

Do you have a preferred brand?
No

Are there brands you would prefer to avoid?
No

Would you be happy with a refurbished laptop?
Yes - provided it has at least a year's warranty

Any other details you feel necessary... Colour; Webcam; Good quality speakers; general spec: CPU, RAM, HDD space, SSD; Operating System or anything else you can think of.
Since I'm part of MSDN i can always download Windows for her, so no preferences on OS. Likewise with DVD-ROM, I can always rip the DVD/CD's onto USB and install that way.

Her highest priority was that the laptop/netbook HAS TO BE PINK and that she wanted to be able to play Fable on it so i'll assume it needs a graphics card that can handle DX9.0 or above.

RAM i can always install more later so long as there's apt space for more.

I saw the Sony Vaio VPCM12M1E/P for £240 in Currys, but i'm not sure if the Intel GMA 3150 is capable of playing Fable or DX9 games?

Thank you for reading and thanks for helping a bloke looking for a pink laptop (urgh...)

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom