1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pink/floyd the wall is this a poor quality recording???

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by mick23, Sep 19, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hired 3 cds from libary, lighthouse family (whatever gets you through the day) clannad (lore) and pink floyd (the wall) played l/fam and lore, both good quality recordings sounded good, the wall cd i was expecting to really sound (great ) but it sounded a bit (trebly and strained) just wondered if its down to being an early recording, i have not heard any other pink floyd cds, to compare quality etc, was using with (cdms+3802+nad540 direct mode) views please

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I've listened to my copy of The Wall and never had any feelings that it was a bad quality recording.

Other than that I can't really comment. :)

3. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I always thought the original sounded OK, but if it has any weaknesses then they can probably be excused due to the fact it was recorded >20 years ago.
    The digitally remastered CDs are the definitive versions of these albums though. Wish You Were Here, is lovely.