1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink Floyd : Pulse

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by backtothefuture, Jan 21, 2003.

1. backtothefuture

backtothefuture

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know when / if this DVD is going to be released? I had Pulse(live in concert ) on LD and that was once wicked music fest!

I havent seen any PInk Floyd on DVD except 'The Wall'

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    BTTF - There have been many "rumours" about Pulse - The last one I heard was that Dave Gilmour was "working on" the DVD for release in 2003 - I also read that Live at Pompeii would be out in 2003 on DVD & that Dark Side OTM would be coming on DVD-A but then that changed to SACD when Sony bought the publishing rights ...
    I'd settle for any of the three but especially Pulse ... Paul ;)

3. backtothefuture

backtothefuture

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wahey ! .. hope Pulse comes out soon/first!

:D

4. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    i found this several months ago:
    http://www.musiccdvideo.com/view/4958.html

It turned out to be a region 5 (if i remember correctly) disk with a reasonably good 5.1 soundtrack. it looks to me like its been transferred from svideo, although its hard to know what the best video recording equipment was available and used nearly 10 years ago. the frame rate is a bit odd, but you only notice on close ups of things that move or rotate. unfortunately there are three places where digital distortion has set in. for me though, this is excellent as i cannot be doing with videotape and thats the only copy i had. it takes a week or so to arrive as it comes from and is billed from russia, and its questionable whether its pukka or not. but it is real, and it is better than my aging video copy. makes me wonder though: is it a pirated copy that is (somehow) still selling online? or is it a very bad pre-release that nobody wants to own up to but are selling to recover costs and hence the delay in getting a proper version out?

Chris

5. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I saw something similar to this on e-bay. It had photos of the the inside of the box with track listings and stuff. Don't know what the hell it is though - I thought Pulse on DVD was still a long way off

6. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    ETA March 2004

7. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    im looking at my DVD of it now. it is region 5, its 4:3 and DD 5.1. the copyright on it includes (c) 2002 Laser Art (Arte e Embalagem). It is identical to my video tape copy which was broadcast some years ago on Beeb1 or 2 (which now sadly does not track nicely). The sleeve is professionally printed and the DVD itself has been properly printed.

So apart from some minor post-production niggles, its a worthy substitute for, what i can only presume, will be an official release in 2004 as wilber indicated.

8. Pack Dude

Pack Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    If you get bored waiting for the Pink Floyd tribute band to release pulse on DVD try Roger Waters In The Flesh live on DVD :)