1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pink Floyd, Pulse

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by lambretta, Apr 2, 2002.

1. lambretta

lambretta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please, please, please has anyone got any news yet? I can't wait much longer. My mate is getting on my t..s with his big, beautiful 12" laserdisc. :mad:

2. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lambretta. I'm with you on this. When it comes to Floyd we have only got the Wall on DVD. If Pulse or the Delicate Sound of Thunder videos were out I would pay vast sums to own either.

Also what about Floyd of DVD-A or SACD? Remastered CDs are great but the new formats could be better.

We can dream
    Rog

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +846
    I'd like their "Live In Pompeii" live performance/documentary on DVD.
    I prefer their earlier stuff myself.

4. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    Did you know that there is a DVD available (R1) of Roger Waters In the Flesh tour. That might be worth a look.

I haven't bought it yet as I am going to the concert in June in Manchester.

5. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I don't think Live in Pompeii would make a good transfer to DVD. Just too old, Good though.

I too can't wait for Pulse. Knowing Floyd it will make for a top quality listening/ viewing experience.

Rob.

6. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Yes - In the absence of PF the Roger Waters Live in the Flesh is a pretty good stop gap - most of the album is PF & although I prefer the genuine Dave G on guitar/vocals Snowy White & his Yank accomplice are pretty decent ... There's 153 minutes to enjoy and an interesting documentary to boot (I have the R1 I presume the R2 is the same?)
    Paul ;)

7. VMAX

VMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have Pulse on VCD , 2 disc 144 mins .Excellent. Have quite a few vcds all Malaysian. Good luck in sourcing ...colin

8. VMAX

VMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Additional to prev. Picked up Live at Pompeii this morning on vcd.Considering it was recorded in 1972 it appears to be good , but anyway beggars cant be too fussy!

Colin

9. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been watching my crackle vision (VHS) copy of Pulse and it brings back very fond memories of the Earls Court shows, all seven I went to. Every single one was excellent apart from the first one when the rear seating colapsed.

I did a couple of nights ****ed, one stoned and the rest sober. You need to experience the difference :)

I was there the first night they played the whole of Dark Side of the moon, the nearest thing I have ever had to a religious experience.

Time to watch Delicate sound of thunder (only 5 shows that time).

We need Pulse, Delicate Sound and Live at Pompei sharpish. I also suspect there is a load more footage around.

Would be great if they did each DVD with full rate DTS as well :).

OI Dave get it sorted, it will make you loads.

Rog.
    p.s I am sure they were filming the recent Dave Gilmour show at the Festival Hall (which was great) because they asked for no flash photography. So maybe some Floyd/Dave DVD action later this year.

10. steroid

steroid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pulse was not recorded with intent of releasing a CD... Quality not top notch. Hence considerable amount of remastering will have to be done...... Which is just as well with Live at Pompeii....
    Although the visuals in Pulse compete with nothing else.....

Yeah, and talk about Floyd making it listening/viewing experience.... You have got to see Waters' In the Flesh DVD to know what I am talking about..... The sweeping camera takes, gave me goose bumps on first viewing and the audio.... is as sharp and taut as anything else on DVD.... You can tell it was made with DVD in mind.... something I don't think pulse will be able to acheive.....