Pink Floyd - Pulse (finally, at last) 5th December 05

I'm really delighted that P.U.L.S.E will arrive on DVD on the 5th of December.

I went to Maine Road, Manchester, this was my first Floyd gig and I was taken aback by the shear quality of the lights/ lasers and the immense sound they had at that particular gig, we were sat in the stand facing the stage at the back, my god they cracked the quad PA up so much towards the end that the stand/roof was shaking during Run Like Hell. I have never heard sound like this at a concert since.

We also went to Docklands Arena, somehow this show seemed to be a bit of a dissapointment to me, maybe the place was a little too small for Floyd.

I was lucky enough to see Floyd in Paris in front of a crowd of 80000 in the middle of a race course, Division Bell tour. What an atmosphere, everyone seemed to be in another world during this concert, the mirror ball came up out of tent near the mixers, we were stood right next to it,that thing was huge. We had one of the quad PA's behind us and that kicked up one hell of a noise during the guitar solo on Comfortably Numb, just great to get on the bus back to the hotel deaf as a post and dumbstruck.

Also went to Earls Court twice(actually 3 times due to the cancelled show on the first night, the collapsed seating was just below us and we counted ourselves lucky)also went on the last night, just think the last night of the last ever Floyd tour.
These gigs were just fantasic, the lighting, projections, lasers,inflatables and sound quality were all perfect. As for the mirror ball that thing just was beyond the normal limits of visual effects, I was in tears during Comfortably Numb and no doubt many more were as well.

I just hope and pray that this DVD is not going to be a dissapointment, but my reckoning is that this will be the best live DVD ever produced by any artist, Floyd have always been good at that with there concerts, so a DVD should be no problem. Crank it up and enjoy, you'll never see the likes of Floyd again for stunning live concerts, Aussie Floyd are getting close though.

Also went to Earls Court twice(actually 3 times due to the cancelled show on the first night, the collapsed seating was just below us and we counted ourselves lucky)also went on the last night, just think the last night of the last ever Floyd tour.
Ahh...I was in the balcony above the seats that collapsed that night too! If I remember correctly Dave Gilmour went to see a few in hospital though I'm not sure if that was reliable info at the time. Certainly there were a few injuries.
Anyway, it was a great show. The very first gig I saw was Roger Waters' The Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking at Earls Court in '84 (I was 14) with Eric Clapton in the band.
As for the Pulse DVD it's on Amazon.co.uk but no pic. link Really looking forward to it and it should be good!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
slackbladder , all those injured in the seating collapse got free T-shirts and goodie bags from the band,don't know about the hospital visits though. Not a pleasent sight seeing people in pain because of someones incompetence,we did see a woman with a badly trapped leg. I was also amazed at how quickly the place was evacuated, around 5 minutes, we had a long walk back to our car , the underground was packed.
Did you go on the re-scheduled night?, if so can you remember the comments that Dave Gilmore made, we did manage to claim against Earls Court for travel cost's,lost wages and got out tickets refunded, even though we did go on the re-sched night :smashin:

I remember the underground being packed too. That's how I got back to Charing Cross.
Yeah I went back on the re-scheduled night.
Didn't consider getting travel costs re-imbursed etc. Just glad we actually managed to see the gig!
I don't remember anything Gilmour said at the show. I know it started with Astronomey Domine instead of Shine On which the cancelled show began with. I wonder if the show you see on the Pulse video (and DVD) was recorded on the same night. I think it was but not too sure. It would've been great to have actually been there on the night the show was recorded. Much better than Delicate Sound of Thunder in my opinion!

I have got to be on this DVD, went 5 times (six with the cancelled show). You will spot the blissed out tw*t playing Air Guitar during Comfortably Numb. Got to go and find it in the loft, see if the air strings are OK, for the DVD.

Can someone cancel November so December 5th is next week?

Spine

I hope it is the same night, or at least with a minimal amount of edititing between nights.

The Rush concert video 'A Show of Hands' mixes footage from several nights, sometimes within the same song. They would have got away with it, but Alex Lifeson used a different guitar on each night (and wore a different jacket). Look - a red guitar, now it is white :eek: now it is red again! :rolleyes:

spinalize said:
You will spot the blissed out tw*t playing Air Guitar during Comfortably Numb.

:laugh:

I'm sure there will be several - were you using a strat? I was there, but I broke an air string during the first solo and spent the rest of the song re-tuning.

I hope there is decent footage of the mirrorball, it will be hard to convey the sheer majesty of that thing on film.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom